Panther Press

The Student News Site of Edwin O. Smith High School

Panther Press

Panther Press

Dramatic Impact: Three Shows Set For Dec. 1-3

Student Directors, Casts Provide Range of Offerings
Designed by Soleil Vaillancourt
E.O. Smith Drama Club presents three student-directed plays during the first weekend of December.

The Drama Club has an upcoming showing of their three fall productions, two of which are student written one acts! The three shows are Property Rights written by Alan Haehnel and directed by Monty Grable, Defiance written and directed by Steph Lefkowitz, and When Death Crashes a Dinner Party written and directed by Katarina Boskovic. 

Property Rights is about Kyle Macmanus and his Figures, which are a collection of robots, Kyle is in the process of selling the Figures when they start to malfunction! They begin to slowly gain sentience and to fight back against Kyle. Defiance is a story set in another world, similar to ours, a few centuries in the past, and it tells the story of Emily Weathermay, a queer teenage girl who must navigate life and love in an aristocratic society. The final show is When Death Crashes a Dinner Party, which is about a dinner party meant to mourn the loss of Edmund Ford but circumstances are more sinister than they appear. 

All of these shows contain mature themes! The shows are on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of December, with Property Rights and Defiance showing at 7:30 pm on Friday the 1st;  Property Rights and When Death Crashes a Dinner Party at 7:30 pm on Saturday the 2nd; and finally all three shows starting at 3 pm on Sunday the 3rd!

There is no mandatory fee for seeing the shows,  but there is a suggested donation of 10 dollars for students and seniors and 15 dollars for adults!